April 18, 2011

cuando muero

When I die, if others remain alive, my body remains and I have died under the constrains of civilization, I want to be abandoned at the top of a hill/mountain and I want my body to rot with time, slowly. I want the vultures, and the maggots and the bears and the coyotes to writhe upon my body satisfying the pits of their stomachs. I want my flesh to be mashed up and burn within them to be shat out, and in return grow new life. I want to become one with the grass, let the rain tether my skin, let my bones slowly erode until they become dirt, or whatever other matter. I don’t want to seem as if I am directing the abandonment of my body, I just want it TO ROT, and let the earth do it's 'thang. All in ALL no matter what is done with my body it will eventually becoming something else. That’s all that matters to me, I guess my fear of death. I want new life to form from my particles. Whether this stems from my fear or my perception of reality I am not sure. Don't try and preserve me, let me go. Suena con migo si queires pero no tratas de vivir con lo que no mas exsiste.

Being locked in a wooden box lined with silk seems traitorous, ridiculous, and utterly unnecessary. I don’t want to be in an urn, or in a room with other dead people, I don’t want people to pay tons of money to take care of me. I see coffins as a symbol for the fear of death, trying to preserve a space to "find" the gone forever. The ever-powerful ever-lasting stone is carved to be there as long as the “loved ones” live; yet it as well will slowly erode with time.

I don’t think the dead should be cared for, just moved far enough away that the stink of rotting flesh doesn’t impugn your nostrils. There should be minimal care to the dead, the caring is over. If the chance is given, right after the death it is closure to seep into the non-beating mass absorb the lasting energy that has been divulged into the atmosphere, absorb the energy, walk away and use that energy.


QUESTIONS:
• Why are death certificates necessary?
• Why is simply dumping a body illegal?
• How much does the average American spend on funerals?

No comments:

Post a Comment